The best and Fun Ways to Celebrate Christmas in July. Check out our Christmas in July party selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our invitations shops.
Are you ready to bring the holiday cheer in the middle of summer? Well, get your reindeer hats and Christmas sweaters ready because it’s time to celebrate Christmas in July! This festive tradition is a fantastic way to shake off the mid-year blues and enjoy all the merriment of the holiday season. Whether you want to host a jolly party, decorate your home with twinkling lights, or indulge in delicious seasonal treats, we’ve got you covered with 10 fun ways to celebrate Christmas in July. So grab a cup of hot cocoa (or an ice-cold margarita!) and let’s dive into this merry guide that will have Santa himself wishing it was December already!
Christmas in July is the perfect time to embrace the holiday spirit and engage in a variety of festive activities. Here are some fun ideas to make your Christmas in July celebration unforgettable.
1. Gift Exchange: Gather your friends and family for a lively gift exchange. Set a budget, draw names, and let the present swapping begin! It’s like Secret Santa with a summery twist.
2. Christmas Movie Marathon: Escape the heat by cozying up indoors with classic Christmas movies. From “Home Alone” to “Elf,” there’s no shortage of heartwarming films that will get you feeling merry and bright.
3. Cookie Baking Contest: Challenge your loved ones to a friendly cookie baking competition. Whip out those aprons, mixers, and sprinkles as you compete to bake the most delicious batch of holiday treats.
4. DIY Ornament Making: Get crafty with DIY ornament making sessions. Use popsicle sticks, glitter, paint pens – whatever materials you have on hand – to create unique ornaments that capture the essence of both summer and Christmas.
5. Outdoor Snowball Fight (with Water Balloons): Beat the summer heat by having an epic water balloon snowball fight! Fill balloons with water, divide into teams, and let loose for some soggy seasonal fun.
6. Beachside Picnic: Take advantage of warm weather by hosting a beachside picnic complete with sandcastle building contests, volleyball matches, and plenty of sunscreen!
7. Scavenger Hunt: Organize a themed scavenger hunt where participants search for hidden treasures related to both summer activities and traditional winter festivities.
8. Campfire Sing-Along: Gather around the campfire under starry skies for sing-along sessions featuring beloved Christmas carols mixed in with popular summer tunes.
9. Christmas Trivia Night: Put everyone’s knowledge about all things Christmassy (and maybe even summery) to test by organizing a Christmas trivia night. Prepare some fun and challenging questions, divide into teams,
When it comes to celebrating Christmas in July, one of the best ways to set the festive mood is through decorations. Transform your home or party venue into a winter wonderland with creative and fun décor ideas that capture the spirit of both Christmas and summer.
Start by incorporating traditional Christmas elements like twinkling lights, garlands, and ornaments. Hang them from ceilings or drape them around doorways for a magical touch. Don’t forget to add some beach-themed accents like seashells or starfish for that unique twist.
Another great decoration idea is to set up a mini Christmas tree adorned with summery ornaments such as sunglasses, flip-flops, and tropical fruits. This playful combination will surely put a smile on everyone’s face.
To create a cozy ambiance, scatter plush pillows and soft blankets in holiday patterns around seating areas. Add pops of color with vibrant cushions and table linens in shades of red, green, and white.
For outdoor celebrations, consider setting up inflatable Santa Claus or reindeer figures that can be positioned alongside pool floats or lounge chairs. It’ll create an amusing scene where Santa takes his summer vacation!
Don’t forget about the table settings! Set out festive plates, napkins in holiday prints along with colorful glassware filled with refreshing drinks garnished with candy cane stirrers – it’s all about blending those December traditions with July vibes.
With these delightful decorations ideas you’ll be well on your way to hosting an unforgettable Christmas in July celebration!
Christmas in July is the perfect time to indulge in festive treats and delicious recipes that capture the spirit of the holiday season. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to create some Christmas magic at home, here are some fun and tasty recipes to try:
1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Beat the summer heat with a refreshing twist on this classic winter beverage. Mix cocoa powder, milk, and peppermint extract for a cool and minty treat.
2. Grilled BBQ Pineapple Ham Skewers: Fire up the grill and celebrate with these mouthwatering skewers featuring chunks of juicy pineapple, ham, and tangy BBQ sauce.
3. Christmas Tree Fruit Platter: Create a healthy yet festive centerpiece by arranging slices of kiwi, strawberries, grapes, and other colorful fruits into the shape of a Christmas tree.
4. Santa Hat Brownie Bites: Whip up some bite-sized brownies topped with strawberries dipped in white chocolate to resemble Santa’s iconic hat.
5. Ice Cream Cone Christmas Trees: Transform ice cream cones into edible trees by coating them with green-tinted melted chocolate and decorating them with sprinkles as ornaments.
6. Red Velvet Pancakes: Start your day off right with fluffy red velvet pancakes drizzled with cream cheese glaze – a delightful breakfast treat reminiscent of holiday flavors.
7. Frozen Eggnog Popsicles: Beat the heat while savoring the traditional taste of eggnog by freezing it into popsicle molds for an icy twist on this beloved drink.
8. Cranberry Orange Scones: Ditch traditional baked goods for these cranberry orange scones bursting with zesty flavors – perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea!
9. Christmas Sugar Cookies:Ice cookies like snowflakes! Gather family or friends together to decorate sugar cookies shaped like candy canes, reindeer or gingerbread men – endless possibilities!
10. Watermelon “Christmas Tree” Salad:Carve a watermelon into the shape of a Christmas
Looking for a fun and festive way to beat the summer heat? Why not celebrate Christmas in July! This whimsical holiday tradition is gaining popularity, and it’s a great excuse to bring some holiday cheer into your summer months. Here are some tips on how to celebrate:
1. Decorate with Holiday Spirit: Break out the Christmas decorations and transform your home into a winter wonderland. Hang up lights, put up a tree, and sprinkle fake snow around for that magical touch.
2. Plan Festive Activities: Host a cookie decorating party or have an outdoor movie night featuring classic Christmas films. You can even organize a Secret Santa gift exchange among friends or family members.
3. Dress the Part: Embrace the spirit of Christmas by wearing Santa hats, reindeer antlers, or even full-on costumes if you’re feeling adventurous. It’s all about getting into the festive mood!
4. Enjoy Seasonal Treats: Whip up some hot cocoa with marshmallows, bake gingerbread cookies, or indulge in traditional holiday dishes like roasted turkey or glazed ham.
5. Have a Pool Party: If you’re lucky enough to have access to a pool, why not throw a “Christmas on the Beach” party? Decorate with beach-themed ornaments and enjoy swimming while sipping on fruity mocktails.
6. Give Back: Use this opportunity to spread goodwill by organizing charity events or volunteering at local shelters. Remember that giving is what makes this season truly special.
7. Sing Carols: Gather your friends and family for an evening of caroling around the neighborhood or host a karaoke session where everyone can belt out their favorite holiday tunes.
8. Watch Fireworks Display : Many places have fireworks displays during July as part of their Independence Day celebrations . Incorporate these spectacular shows into your own celebration for an added touch of magic.
9. Host Outdoor Games : Organize friendly competitions like a snowball toss or winter-themed scavenger hunt. The games will bring
Christmas in July is a delightful and festive way to bring the joy of the holiday season into the summer months. Whether you’re hosting a themed party, decorating your home, or trying out delicious Christmas recipes, there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate this unique tradition.
By incorporating elements like Santa hats, snowflakes, and twinkling lights, you can transform your space into a winter wonderland. Don’t forget to include some classic Christmas tunes to set the mood!
When it comes to food for your Christmas in July celebration, get creative with traditional holiday favorites like gingerbread cookies or eggnog-inspired treats. And if you’re looking for refreshing options for those warm summer days, consider incorporating seasonal fruits into your dishes.
But don’t limit yourself to just one day! Extend the celebrations throughout the entire month by planning different activities each week. From pool parties with inflatable reindeer floats to outdoor movie nights featuring beloved holiday films – there’s something for everyone.
Remember that Christmas in July is all about embracing the spirit of giving and spreading cheer. Consider organizing a toy drive or donating to a local charity as part of your festivities. This will not only make your celebration more meaningful but also help those in need during this time of year.
So why wait until December? Embrace the magic of Christmas in July and create lasting memories with family and friends. With these 10 fun ideas, you’ll have everything you need to make this mid-year celebration truly special.